Rainbow Vegan Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons
Kick off your blues with these Rainbow Vegan Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons by supremely talented @plantbasedyogini
¾ cup blanched almond flour
1 ½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
¼ cup + 2 tbsp liquid sweetener (Used organic maple syrup but honey works amazing too)
¼ cup melted Rootalive Organic Virgin Coconut oil
Zest and juice of one large organic lemon
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon superfood powder of choice
(This recipe used Rootalive Organic Beetroot Powder , Rootalive Organic Moringa Powder and Rootalive Organic Turmeric Powder )
- In a bowl, combine everything except superfood powders.
- Mix well and then transfer mixture to a food processor or blender.
- Blend for a minute until mixture sticks together. (Do not overprocess!)
- Divide mixture into separate bowls & add 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp superfood powders to each bowl.
(I used 1 tsp of beetroot and 1/2 tsp turmeric and moringa.)
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on the superfood powder and mixture to help combine it.
- Once individual colours are blended well, you can combine mixtures to make multi coloured macaroons.
- Use a rounded "measuring" tablespoon, and gently press the macaroon dough into the spoon.
- Turn the spoon upside down and tap the cookie out into your hand.
(If it falls apart add one more tablespoon liquid sweetener.)
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and in a 195-200F (90-93C) oven for about 50-55 minutes until outside is a little crisp.
(For a RAW version, you can place in dehydrator for 6-8 hours.)
- Allow macaroons to sit for 15 minutes.