Red Velvet Glaze Donuts
These donuts made out of Cassava Flour with Beetroot glaze are just too beautiful to eat! Pumpkin spice and flavour will delight your tastebuds!
For 6 donuts:
- 1 cup of Rootalive Cassava Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- â…“ cup of maple syrup
- ¾ cup of soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
For the beetroot glaze:
- ¾ cup of vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter
- ½ - 1 teaspoon of Rootalive Beetroot Powder (depending on desired colour)
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons of soy milk
(For 6 donuts)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the Cassava flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, apple sauce and pumpkin puree. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the donuts comes out clean.
For the glaze:
Melt cream cheese and butter in the microwave (takes few seconds), add beetroot powder and icing sugar.
Using hand mixer or whisk mix until well blended. Add soy milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired glaze thickness. Whisk again.
Once donuts have cooled a bit, dip them into the glaze and ENJOY!