Superfood infused baked falafels anyone? So crispy and so colorful ! ???? A super healthy plant based addition to your next meal!!
2 cups dried chickpeas soaked overnight
1 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1/4 cup fresh coriander
7 garlic cloves , peeled
3/4 cup fresh dill leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chili powder
sesame seeds for topping tbsp
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp Tahini
1 tbsp Rootalive Organic Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Rootalive Organic Beetroot Powder
3/4 tbsp Rootalive Organic Moringa Powder
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Before you start - make sure all the ingredients are dry. You can pay dry before adding them in too.
- Add the chickpeas, herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro), spices (cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder ) , tahini, onion and garlic and into a food processor and pulse in intervals until you get a coarse mix.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least an hour to 3, by transferring the mixture into a bowl and covering it with a lid or cling wrap
- Divide the mix in 3 equal parts
- Add salt , baking powder and turmeric to the 1st part
- Add salt, baking powder and beetroot powder to the 2nd part
- Add salt , baking powder and moringa powder to the 3rd part
- Make patties by scooping the mixture using an ice cream scoop to form a even sized patties
- Top them with sesame seeds (optional)
- Prepare baking sheet by lining with a parchment paper and spraying or coating with olive oil.
- Place patties on the baking sheet and brush the patties with olive oil
- You can bake the patties in an oven or air fryer at 375 degrees until you get the desired crispness - turning in between.
Enjoy with a salad, in a wrap, pita, gyro or just by itself with hummus!!